To keep the eyes healthy and vibrant with improved vision its very necessary to do some yoga exercises because changes in vision can never be ignored. These are easy to adapt and can be done easily anytime and at anyplace.
These below mentioned set of exercises will keep your eyes moist and release stress. Be careful, not to use any lenses during this and keep your spine and head straight throughout the procedure.
It includes different methods:
Before starting any exercise its important to warm up with:
- Sit gently at a comfortable place, and relax yourself completely with smooth breaths.
- Warm your hands palms by rubbing, place over the eye lids gently and feel the absorption of heat by the eyes.
- Be still until the heat is totally absorbed by the eyes, this method relaxes the muscles around the eyes.
- Don’t open the eyes and lower the hands.
- Rub again the palms and repeat the method.
- Keep your eyes open and sit comfortably.
- Very quickly blink your eyes around 10 – 12 times.
- Then close your eyes for 20 – 22 seconds, think nothing and relax.
- This exercise can be repeated 5 to 6 times.
- To make the clear idea of time in seconds, you can count till the above mentioned numbers too.
Viewing at Sides and Front
- Sitting calmly in the same position, keep your head still.
- Roll your eyes to the right and keep looking there for 5 seconds, don’t move face.
- Similarly look to the left for 5 seconds and then close your eyes.
- Open the eyes and stare at your nose tip for 5 seconds and then at some distant object in front of you for 20 seconds, it enhances the focusing ability, especially for the computer workers.
- Look straight while breathing normally.
- Start rotating your eyes in the clockwise direction, try to complete 5 – 6 circles.
- Then repeat the process in anticlockwise direction for the same time period, keep sitting & relax.
- Make sure that you cover all the corners of the eyes.